If your website loads slowly or takes more than 3 seconds to load, then about 70 to 80% of users switch. Therefore, it is very important for your website to load, fast to maintain user retention. Nowadays, there are many types of content management systems and many types of technology are present to create a website. Regardless of which platform you build your website using Gaya technology, but you have to pay special attention to the speed of the website.
To speed up the website being built in Laravel, today we will tell you some such techniques which will help you a lot. With their help, you will be able to increase the speed of your website easily. so let’s find out
- Fetch only Needful dataMany times it happens that we get a lot of data from our database on our website. Out of which even if some are not present, our work will continue. In such a situation, we should take care that we get only that much data that we need from the database.
In such a situation when we have a very large number of databases and we have to filter some data, then we should be cautious. In such a situation, we should write the queries carefully and thoughtfully so that we get only that much data as we need. If we write the wrong query then we will get a lot of data fetched at once which can take time for data travel in databases and mobile app/websites.
If you pay good attention to it while creating your database, use fields and queries properly, then you will get very good results from it. This will increase your speed and so you will not have to face unnecessarily slow processing.
- Use latest PHP VersionMostly it happens that once we make a website and stop paying attention to it. Whatever our website is built on WordPress, Joomla, Laravel or, Drupal, we should constantly update its PHP version. Each new PHP version brings with it a variety of features. With the new version, the speed has been increased and the shortcomings of the previous version have been made up. So be sure to upgrade to the upcoming new version after some time.
- Limit the use of library Whenever you include a package in your project, some unwanted code also comes with it which you might not need. Once go through your JSON file and cross verify whether you need all these packages or not. Most of the time you will need it but sometimes it will happen that there is some unnecessary code there, you can remove it.
Which package you need to include can be judged by whether you are using all the features of the included package? Or just for a small feature, you have included that whole package. When you understand this, you will be able to make a wise decision to remove the included package. This will make a big difference in your speed because you will no longer have unwanted code on your website.
- Optimize Images The images on our website sometimes have a profound effect on the performance of our website. If you use large size images on your website, then it slows down the speed of your website. Therefore, you should keep in mind that whenever you upload any kind of image on your website, then optimize it. After optimizing your image size is reduced from 10% to 90%.
There are many tools available online to devise images, with the help of which you can optimize massive images in a matter of seconds. This will also make a big difference in the speed of your website.
- Use JIT Because PHP is not a native language, its code needs to be converted into byte code, so that it can be understood by the computer. Whenever a PHP file is run, it uses a mediator to be translated into the bytecode. For this, we need a compiler. Because of this, the web page loads slowly. In such a situation, you are advised to use the Just In Time compiler.
- Use Eager LoadingWhen you run a query in Laravel, this query runs slowly. In this slow process, you only get the required data. But sometimes it increases the executive number of queries, due to which the performance slows down. That’s why Laravel 1 provides a great ORM named Eloquent to deal with this problem. With its help, a developer can easily perform CRUD operations. With the help of this, it retrieves all the objects in the first query itself.
So these are just some of the ways with the help of which you can increase the speed of your website. If your website is in Laravel then you must pay attention to all these main points. We are sure that you would have liked some other information and you will implement it on your website.