Laravel is an open-source web application framework which is beginner friendly and with a short learning curve. It is a PHP MVC system, created by Taylor Otwell in 2011. Laravel is loaded with a number of features such as organized, clean syntax, high security and flexibility. It can be effectively used both by novice and professional web developers alike due to its adaptability. It is also better protected from cyber-security threats and vulnerabilities.
Advantages of Laravel:
Advantageous features of Laravel are:
- Library resource:Laravel comes with a plethora of advanced modules and libraries which are not provided by other PHP frameworks, from which beginners can get the required assistance.
- Command tools:It also offers Artisan, which is a built-in command tool that aids in automation of tedious or repetitive tasks. Developers can create their own commands and utilize them accordingly.
- High Security:Laravel also comes with advanced security features using Bycript Hashing Algorithm that generates encrypted passwords for added protection.
- Scalable:It supports an MVC architecture which improves performance and supports scalability. The MVC architecture provides beginner friendly UI, and attractive and trendy layouts. It also enables data retention without any formatting.
The object Relational Mapping feature makes it faster and energy-saving as compared to other PHP systems.
Laravel templates and widgets can help in creating both simple and complex design layouts along with small-scale and large-scale projects.
The huge Laravel community provides expert guidance which can be extremely helpful for amateurs in web development. Laravel forums such as Laracast and Laravel.io are added advantages.
Is Laravel front-end or Back-end?
Laravel is mostly a back-end framework with very limited front-end capability.
Why Laravel is the choice for beginners?
Laravel is perfect for beginners because of its advantages such as being simple and easy to learn, high performance, object-oriented libraries, strong authentication and advanced security. If you already have prior knowledge of PHP, it especially becomes easier to learn and apply. Another aspect which is great for novices interested in web development is the support of a Laravel community in case of any issues or being stuck, along with an assortment of tools and resources to gain information.
Is Laravel worth learning in 2022?
Laravel is the most popular PHP framework. Its importance is growing day by day as more enterprises and industry leaders are shifting to Laravel for web development. It aids in creating high performing and scalable websites which makes it a front-runner in the competitive market of the future. Due to continuous upgrades and updates being made, Laravel is here to stay. It is being used by almost 10% of developers and lakhs of live websites. Along with these reasons, Laravel developers are highly paid in the software industry. Thus, it is definitely worth learning Laravel in 2022 as it is only going to grow from here.
How long does it take to learn Laravel?
It can take 2 to 3 months to learn Laravel from scratch and shorter, if you know PHP or PHP OOP. It is a good investment for your career in software development.
What all can Laravel do?
- Route-handling is an important application of Laravel. It utilizes short and simple names for route handling instead of complex path names with the help of route identifiers.
- Encryption, password hashing, e-mail verification and secure authentication are supported in Laravel.
- Database modifications can be traced effectively using migrations which further assists in deletion, creation or recreation of data.
- Blade templates under Laravel makes it more functional and low maintenance due to its straightforward PHP coding.
- Debugging: Handling of errors can be managed by Laravel which provides an elaborate error messaging system for all Laravel projects.
- Laravel backs sending, attaching and queuing emails. It also provides for file strorage, transfer and management.
Understanding how Laravel works:
Laravel is based on the MVC or Model View and Controller architecture framework, as mentioned before. It is based on these three elements of Model, View and Controller.
The model depicts the data shape that your application is working on. It responds to user requests by retrieving and processing data from the model with the help of the controller. The Controller is the main element which deals and interacts with the Model, relaying all messages. It is then projected to the user in view.
A request entering the Laravel application is routed to the HTTP or console kernel. Then, defining of any middleware and bootstrapping is undertaken. Lastly, execution by the controller method enables a response back to the View.
Components of Laravel:
The major components of Laravel include service providers, façade interface, service containers, Composer and Eloquent, to name a few. Packages add functionality to Laravel framework which can be both app-specific or singular packages. Command line interfaces such as Artisan and Sail aid in quick web development. Composer helps in management of modules and libraries. Thus, the varied components work in tandem to make Laravel holistic.
Disadvantages of Laravel:
Certain disadvantages associated with using Laravel are that Laravel development can turn out to be slower than other PHP frameworks the Laravel Composer is weaker in comparison to its competitors like Ruby gems upgradation can pose hurdles when newer versions come up and lastly, transition between versions is not smooth, often lacking continuity.
That being said, the benefits of using Laravel are way more than its drawbacks, which make it perfect choice for web developers. Laravel attempts to make the process of web development a hassle-free and easy procedure without compromising on efficiency, performance or security capabilities. It is also supported with Official Packages such as Horizon, Cashier and Passport which are used for monitoring, authentication and various other purposes which help in integration of multiple features in the application itself. It has the support of the fastest growing Laravel community which is an added benefit for projects of all scales. It is the future of web development as it is continuously upgrading itself with changing times.