Posted On : 8th September, 2017 by ViitorCloud
While selecting the right programming technology or hiring developer for your business, one should look up to several factors like scalability, agility, learning curve, community, support, and several more. By any factor, Node.js leads, and no wonder why most of the startups & SMBs give it a clear preference or prefer to hire node.js developer
So, what is Node.js?
Usability of Node.js
The usability of Node.js primarily depends on the goal of your business. Node.js benefits well for the development of a real-time or streaming web app with several coexisting connections (social media, messaging apps, etc.). Further, for efficient performance and simpler development processes, Node.js is extremely capable. Node.js can handle multiple requests and scale smoothly, so it’s pretty excellent choice for API (Application Programming Interface) development.
Advantages of Node.js
1. Low learning curve : if you choose Node.js, you can avail the benefit using the same language on both the sides – server and client. It eliminates the need to switch between front-end and back-end. Furthermore, with fewer developers, you can maintain the server, as one team acts on both the sides.
Contrary to the different languages on both the sides, Node.js require less code and fewer files. As a result, startups can reduce the code size, again measure the count of associated risks, and increase the development speed.
2. Scalable : Node.js being a lean technology tool goes well with micro services architecture. This, in turn, ensures greater flexibility. Rather integrating new features with the large monolithic core, developers can simply add more modules to the existing ones. As an architectural approach, GoDaddy and Walmart serves an excellent example. Moreover, Node apps support both the scaling – vertical and horizontal.
3. Improve the development agility : Node.js itself is a lightweight technology and provides multiple tools to boosts the speed of development. NPM registry provides several libraries and practical solutions that with less effort generate more value. The templates are reusable, so it is possible to reduce the code size. With this, the bug count gets less and shorter is time to market cycle. As one language works on both the server and client side, the data timing gets handier and less delayed.
4. Reduced response time : Node.js follows single threaded event loop model, so simultaneously it can handle more user requests efficiently, without creating more threads. With the non-blocking asynchronous architecture startups can easily create real-time apps with improved responsiveness and agile performance.
5. Reduced response time : Node.js follows single threaded event loop model, so simultaneously it can handle more user requests efficiently, without creating more threads. With the non-blocking asynchronous architecture, startups can easily create real-time apps with improved responsiveness and active performance.
6. Mobile-Friendly : The factors like development speed, productivity, response time, competitive edge, and consistency are serious concerns in any enterprise, and Node.js proves here extremely helpful. Node.js is pretty efficient and adaptable to manage the ever-increasing mobile traffic volume, allocating the load and eventually saving the server from failing. Consequently, Node.js developers create websites with responsive features much faster.
7. Solid community support : presently, thousands of individual contributors make up the Node.js community and the technology is accepted and practiced by over numerous startups and big brands. Such rich support and background make it a seasoned and appropriate tool that doesn’t seem to be neglected in upcoming time.
If you are planning real-time web apps for your business, Node.js is the fittest technology to choose. Node.js not only provides all the necessary features, but also delivers excellent performance.